Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Enjoy your mornings!

Hello friends! Today I'm talking about some simple things I do to be a morning person! Everyday when I go to work, my coworkers ask me how I'm so awake and how I have so much energy; side note: for those of you that don't know, I start my workday at 6am so that means I wake up at 445am! Today I'm sharing a couple things that help me wake up in the morning.

  • Get a good nights rest! I've been going to bed earlier and earlier in my old age [I kid]. But seriously, if I'm not in bed by 9pm it's a strange thing. Going to bed earlier allows me time to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night, even though I am waking up before the sun!
  • Drink lots of water [night before + morning of]. I LOVE tumblers and cups I can refill over and over again. I have one really nice 24-ounce Turvis Tumbler that I drink out of all the time because it's so easy to fill with ice cold water and wash when I'm done!
  • Anti-wrinkle face wash + moisturizer. I wash my face in the shower which some people will advise you against, but it's the easiest way for me. Using an anti-wrinkle face wash keeps my face looking young and awake which is beneficial for me as I don't wear a lot of makeup, if any at all!
  • Eat a good breakfast. Try to get a good protein source in your breakfast for long lasting energy! Including fruit in your first meal of the day too will give you quick energy from the sugars, but make sure to not overeat your fruit!
  • Small amounts of caffeine don't hurt. I've been trying to wean myself off of coffee, but some days I just need it! I put one packet of stevia and about 1-2 tablespoons of lactose free milk (thanks Husband) to my coffee and call it good!
What do you do to help yourself wake up in the morning?

Xo, Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment